Easy Rolo Blondies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark, if you want a deeper flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (any type you want)
- 2 packages Rolo candies, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Parchment line or non-stick spray an 8" square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt. (If you want a lighter Blondie, you can choose to add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.)
- Stir in the melted butter, vanilla and egg. Batter will be thick and sticky.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped Rolo candies.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Start checking at about 20 minutes for golden brown edges and a golden top.
- Let cool, slice into squares and serve.