Jump to recipe
See the blog post about this Recipe
For the Base:
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (can reduce by 1/4 cup if desired)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup raisins (I prefer Golden raisins)
For the Topping:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or gingersnap crumbs!)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil noodles according to package, drain.
- Return to pot with the butter and stir until butter melts and coats noodles.
- Pour into a 9x13" baking pan prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth (either in a large blender or by hand).
- Add in drained pineapple and raisins.
- Stir and pour over the buttered noodles.
- Combine all topping ingredients until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of kugel.
- Bake for 15 minutes,
- reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 35-45 minutes more until golden brown and firm to the touch in center.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm, room temperature, or cold the next day.
© 2023 Copyright Lauren Katz