- 2 medium-large Russet potatoes
- 1 medium onion (white or yellow, non-sweet variety)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Cut potatoes and onion into small pieces.
- Pulse many times in a food processor until the texture of thick applesauce.
- Add the eggs, rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Pulse to combine.
- Heat a large skillet (or 2, like I do) over medium heat with about 1/4 inch of oil.
- When oil is hot, add spoonfuls of the batter to the hot oil, leaving about an inch between latkes.
- Wait until edges are a deep golden brown to flip.
- Flip and remove to drain on paper towels when browned on both sides.
- Keep warm in a 250 degree oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with sour cream and/or applesauce.
© 2021 Copyright Lauren Katz