(Peanut-Free) Soynutty Pie Crust Clusters
- 1 pillsbury pie crust, room temp and unrolled
- 1/3 cup toffee bits (recipe follows) or crushed hard caramel candies like Werthers
- 1 cup pretzels (Rold Gold is nut-free), broken into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 bag (2 cups) white chocolate baking chips (Trader Joes)
- 1 tablespoon crisco (butter flavored or plain)
- 1 tablespoon Soynut butter, golden peabutter, or sunbutter
For the Clusters:
- 2/3 cup salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
For the toffee:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut pie crust into tiny squares or16 rows in each direction.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the toffee by combining the butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Whisking occasionally, heat to 305 degrees or until toffee colored (about 10 minutes).
- Pour out onto a lined baking sheet covered with parchment or a silpat .
- Spread out with an offset spatula and let cool completely.
- Break up into tiny pieces with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Place the pretzels into a zip topped bag.
- Crush into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, heat white chips, crisco and Soynut butter on high in 30 second intervals, until melted.
- Gently fold in pretzels, toffee bits, and pie crust pieces.
- Make sure that everything is coated.
- Dollop by heaping tablespoon onto parchment paper and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Store covered, if they last more than 10 minutes!